Kituo Cha Sheria (KITUO) is a Non Governmental Organization (NGO) whose mission is to empower the poor and marginalized people to effectively access justice and realize their human and people’s rights through advocacy, networking, lobbying, legal aid and education, legal representation and research. KITUO seeks to recruit, in the Forced Migration Program, dynamic, self driven and result oriented person.
LEGAL/PROGRAM OFFICER (Ref: KCS/LPO-NRB/APP)
Reporting to the Coordinator Forced Migration Program, he/she will carry out the following:
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct community mobile legal aid clinics.
- Conduct community sensitisation campaigns.
- Conduct research that enables KITUO to built evidence base that informs litigation strategies.
- Legal awareness and education to refugees and asylum seekers in protection matters.
- Responsible for counselling and sensitising refugee communities on building a factual basis for their cases.
- Helping refugee communities to develop capacity to self advocate and lobby for legal protection
- Provide legal advice and court representation to refugees and asylum seekers.
- Programme work and report writing.
- Conduct regular fundraising for program sustainability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law or equivalent qualification.
- Must be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a current practising certificate
- At least two year professional working experience with a reputable human rights organization or law firm.
- MUST have Litigation Experience
- Knowledge in Refugee Law and general protection of Persons of Concern will be an added advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and Kiswahili are mandatory
- Good working knowledge of modern information, communication and technology systems
- Knowledge in advocacy and fundraising experience is an added advantage
Applications including a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant testimonials day telephone number and email address should be addressed to;
KITUO CHA SHERIA (LEGAL ADVICE CENTER)
P.O. BOX 7483-00300,
Or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application must reach us at the close of business on 25th July 2016. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
We Care for Justice www.kituochasheria.or.ke