Kituo Cha Sheria is a leading Human Rights and Legal Aid providing NGO since 1973. We are seeking to recruit dynamic, self driven and result oriented person to fill in the following position.
The Communications Officer will be reporting to the Coordinator – Research Communications and Knowledge Management at the head office Nairobi.
These include but not limited to;
- Implementing the organizations communications strategy.
- Ensure compliance with donor communications requirements for publicity of project activities
- Develop communications and training materials, including: publications, presentations, videos etc,
- Publish articles to increase the visibility of Kituo cha Sheria projects and their results among other communications relating to Kituo cha Sheria as stated in the detailed job description.
- Supervise the functioning of the M-Haki platform and design website contents in line with the programs of the organization. Also update and manage the organisations Haki Blog.
- Manage the organisations social media sites that include twitter, facebook and youtude to effectively and timely communicate to the public.
- Design, develop organizational marketing materials including but not limited to brochures, impact reports, blogs, videos, graphics and photos.
Minimum Qualifications and Training:
Minimum Bachelors’ degree or equivalent in communications, ICT, journalism or relevant field
Relevant Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience in producing a wide range of strategic communications materials. Exceptional English and Kiswahili communications skills with the ability to produce high quality reports, publications, advertisements, presentations, documentaries and other communications materials. Proven ability to design high-quality marketing and communications strategies for organization and specific campaigns. Experience in overseeing communication activities on donor-funded national development projects. Must be highly creative, artistic, and able to design communications material that resonate with a broad audience and carry the organisation’s corporate brand.
Skills: Must have strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
Applications including a detailed curriculum vitae with at least three referees and copies of relevant testimonials, day telephone number, email address and an indication of present and expected remuneration should be addressed to;
THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
KITUO CHA SHERIA
LEGAL ADVICE CENTRE
P.O. Box 7483 – 00300
The application must reach us on or before 30th October 2020.
Kituo cha Sheria is an equal opportunity employer only short-listed applicants will be contacted.