Goal: To affirm and pursue KITUO’s strategic direction and purpose.
The strategic objectives of the programme are:
- To operationalize the agreed structure in line with the mission to operationalize functions, roles and delineations.
- To strengthen roles and responsibilities of the Board of directors and Board of Trustees.
- To strengthen management control systems for efficiency and quality service delivery.
- To enhance consistency, coherence and consolidation of policy implementation and management systems.
- To promote conscious internalization and application of the core values of KITUO (team spirit).
- To ensure compliance with the legal regime that defines the identity of the organization.
- To ensure a viable, vibrant and sustainable organization with increased Sustainability and broadened funding base.
- To ensure effective operationalization of monitoring, evaluation and learning systems.
The strategic leadership and governance portfolio falls under the Board of Directors and the office of the Executive Director.
KITUO’s achievements of corporate goals heavily depend on the leadership style of the Chief Executive Officer. KITUO endeavors to enhance accountability and strategic management approaches where the Board plays a participatory role without being seen to micro-manage the institutional affairs.
The roles and responsibilities as stated in the Constitution of KITUO are put to work as appropriate. Strategies are put in place to ensure a review of policies regularly in order to fit with dynamic changes and to inform requisite collaboration between departments, programmes, staff, management and the office of the Executive Director.